GRICUA's Youth Board Intern program was designed to promote and develop young adults by offering opportunities to experience board level interaction and participation in the function of a successful business. The Youth Board Intern will gain insight into the interaction of GRICUA with different entities, including the customer base, the government of the Gila River Indian Community and industry associations. The long-range goal is to prepare young adults for contributing to the business community of the Gila River Indian Community.
Ever wonder what it means to be a Board of Director?Now's your chance!
To participate in the program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a Gila River Indian Community member and provide a copy of enrollment.
- Complete the application (available here), provide a resume and prepare an essay that is responsive to question(s) included as part of the application.
- Provide copy of an official transcript displaying a Grade Point Average of 2.5 or above.
- Must be able to attend GRICUA's monthly regular Board meeting and preferably at least one or two meetings such as district, committee, or council meetings within the Community.
- Should have a valid driver's license and have own transportation to meeting.
- Be available to interview with the GRICUA Board.